Indian wicketkeeper Wriddhiman Saha revealed details of his interaction with a journalist who threatened him in a personal interview, and also revealed the man’s name during a meeting with a 3-member commission appointed by the Cricket Control Board of India (BCCI). examine various published issues.
BCCI Vice President Rajiv Shukla said on Saturday that Saha had provided the committee with all the necessary information and that it would be passed on to the board.
The BCCI has set up a three-member commission to investigate Saha’s allegations of receiving threats from a journalist who sent him a series of messages threatening him for not agreeing to an interview.
Rajiv Shukla, Treasurer Arun Dhumal and BCCI apex Councilor Prabhtej Singh Bhatia are part of a 3-member committee formed by the board.
On February 19, the senior Indian Wicketkeeper shared on Twitter a picture of his conversation with a journalist who appeared to be threatening cricket players for refusing to talk to him over the test snub.
Saha later said in a social media post that he did not want to reveal the identity of the journalist on the public platform, but stressed that he would do so if the BCCI asked for details.
Saha shared pictures of the news and wrote on Twitter: “After all my contributions to Indian cricket … that’s what I face from the so-called” respected “journalist! This is where the journalism has gone (sic).” In a partial exchange, the journalist was seen telling Saha that he had been hurt by the wicketkeeper who did not answer his call and that he doesn’t take insults kindly..
Saha has received many messages of supports from fellow cricketers, including former head coach Ravi Shastri, Virender Sehwag, RP Singh, have reacted harshly to threats from India’s chief wicketkeeper.
India did not select Saha for the 18-member squad for the upcoming 2-test series and the wicketkeeper told the media that he was told by the team management and the selection committee are planning to look beyond him and looking to groom a young wicketkeeper.
Head coach Rahul Dravid, who spoke to the press after India’s 3-0 T20I series against West India last month, said he was not offended by Saha, who told the media about their conversation about the future of a wicketkeeper in Test Cricket.